Saturday, December 1, 2012


F for Fall or Falling
Today is 10/17, to start off the day we started at the table doing some leaf rubbing. Some of the kids got the idea others just colored with the crayons. I did make sure the kids all had a leaf rubbed on their paper. Liana even wrote her own name by herself. The kids then all played for a while and then had circle time followed by the lesson right after. Read a book about falling leaves and Henny Penny. We talked about gravity and autumn. I said gravity is a force and Xander said “Like in Star War and the force.”
I had the kids show me how a leaf falls to the ground. We even danced like leaves. They made a great pile of leaves. Then we went outside to do a gravity activity. I had asked all the mothers if they would bring rotten or things to drop from a great height. The activity was dropping things from one story high. The kids had a great time doing this; I even had them pour water down. We gathered everything up and we went back in for snack time.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment