Saturday, December 1, 2012


Week 7
G is for Green and growing
Today the 22 of October, The children arrived and sat down to outlined some G’s on Green paper with food from the grain food group. I prepared different types of noodles, rice and some cheerios for the cereal type of grain. Some just dumped the rice on and others really were patient in placing each noodle. They looked great.
Next was circle time. I read a few stories I had found on the updated form of the food pyramid.  The kids really like the pictures and talking about all of the foods they liked. They were a little rowdy. I need to place their mate d down on the floor myself.
We had talked about exercise; we then traveled outside to play some games; Red light green light and Simon Says. The kids were tired so we went in. We did snack a little early. While they started their snacks I read Green eggs and ham. Then I made some green eggs for all who wanted to try. Ty didn’t want any and Jordan at first didn’t but he decided to try one bit and liked it so he wanted more. Amanda Gray provided the food coloring because her child is not allowed to have any artificial food coloring so she found food coloring that is natural.
During the free time to play some of the kids really liked the doctor’s kit, it was a hit. The children still haven’t found all the other cool things to play with at my house.















No comments:

Post a Comment